Saturday, February 2, 2008

Book Review: More than Meets the Eye - Richard A. Swenson M.D.

My mother gave me this book to read some time ago. It's been a while since I've read it but thought I would share my thoughts (briefly).

If you're the kind of person who thinks that there's quite a bit about God to be perceived through observing the handiwork of the creator, this book is fuel for your thoughts.

The more I learn about physics, biology, string theory, astronomy, genetics, etc, the more my faith grows seeing how God's eternal attributes and power are displayed in these things (for those willing to see them).

Swenson includes detailed descriptions of all sorts of wonderful aspects of the universe within mankind and the cosmos without. He does so without too much scientific jargon and with a pretty zany sense of humor. Swenson stays pretty clear of theological dogma and pretty much shares his observations on science and biology from his MD/PHD, yet biblical point of view.

This book is really intended for the believer more than the critic, however most open-minded people would still profit from the read.

3 comments:

Angie said...

It's been awhile, eh? It must be hard to keep up all those blogs...

Laura J said...

Sounds like a book I would enjoy!

Laura J said...

Sounds like a book I would enjoy!